First and foremost, what is Botox?
‘Botox’ is an injectable drug that helps to enhance your facial appearance like a dermal filler does by relaxing the targeted muscles on your face, which causes wrinkles and folds through facial expressions.
Botox is designed to correct dynamic facial wrinkles on the face that are caused by muscle movements. The treatment is a purified form of botulinum toxin, which is a neurotoxin from bacteria.
Although Botox and other dermal fillers are used to reduce any visible signs of aging on the face, both do not function similarly. For example, Botox only aims at relaxing targeted muscles to reduce the look of fine lines on your face, and this results in smoother skin with a more youthful appearance while the dermal fillers fill in wrinkles in your skin with another substance.
How Does Botox Work?
The Botox treatment does not permanently remove wrinkles and folds in your face. It targets critical facial areas by temporarily relaxing the specific muscles that cause contractions under the skin when you smile or frown and hence allowing the skin to remain smooth and unwrinkled.
Once injected into the specific facial area, the drug moves directly to block nerve signals in the muscles. By doing so, the nerve signals are interrupted, and this temporarily freezes or paralyzes the affected muscles under the skin. With the selected muscles being unable to move in the face, contractions will not take place when you make a facial expression and consequently, minimizing the appearance of lines and wrinkles on your face.
What Can Botox Correct?
Botox injections in Missoula helps to correct dynamic wrinkles and fine lines caused by muscle movements in the face.
The treatment can treat lines on the upper face (between the brows), forehead, and around the eyes. These lines appear due to facial expressions like smiling, frowning, and even laughing.
Botox injections do not, however, treat lines and wrinkles that are caused by sagging or loss of plumpness in the face. Which means the treatment cannot work on fine lines on the cheeks, neck, and jowl areas.
The Pros of Botox injections
1. Unlike dermal fillers, Botox treatments offer more quality facial enhancement. It makes your face extremely smooth and unwrinkled.
2. Botox treatments can help patients with severe headaches. Most countries have approved Botox as an effective treatment for reducing migraines among adults.
3. One can rest assured when using Botox treatments because there are very few health risks associated with it, although it is not proper for pregnant women to undergo this procedure because of the unborn child.
4. The Botox treatment is FDA approved, so one can have an ease of mind that he or she is using a rigorously tested procedure that is safe for the public.
The Cons of Botox Injections
1. Botox treatments are expensive. It can cost an average amount of $466 only to treat a particular area on the face.
2. Botox treatments can prevent some facial expressions because they freeze the muscles that help to create them.
3. Botox treatments do not permanently get rid of wrinkles and folds in the face. These wrinkles and folds will appear again after 3-4 months.
4. One can have some allergic reactions to the drug, especially if such a person is taking antibiotics. In most cases, these reactions can become severe and uncontrollable.